Buying for Business or EDU?
Send your quotation requests to email@example.com to receive your sales-tax exemption and special promotions.
- PRINTER COMPATIBILITY: MakerBot METHOD X.
- Smart Spool™ provides valuable information including material type, color etc
- Weather-resistant 3D printing material
- High-performance functional prototypes and end-use parts in demanding outdoor environments.
- Ideal for demanding applications in the automotive, power and utilities, agriculture, oil & gas, and mass transit industries.
MakerBot Precision ASA is a weather-resistant 3D printing material designed to provide high-performance functional prototypes and end-use parts in demanding outdoor environments. Different from ABS, ASA has a thermoplastic formulation with a high UV resistance, which helps retain gloss, color, and mechanical properties when exposed to outdoor elements. Ideal for demanding applications in the automotive, power and utilities, agriculture, oil & gas, and mass transit industries.
- PRINTER COMPATIBILITY: MakerBot METHOD X.
- Smart Spool™ provides valuable information including material type, color, and amount remaining via an RFID chip directly to MakerBot Print, while a desiccant in the spool maintains a low moisture level inside the drawer bay.
- Material Diameter: 1.75 mm and Net Weight: 0.65 kg (1.43 lb).
- Store in the included a vacuum-sealed metalized polyester bag to avoid moisture absorption from the air; long-term exposure to humidity can compromise material quality and performance.
- Compatible with SR-30 dissolvable support material.
MATERIAL DATA - ASA:
- Heat Deflection @ 66 psi - ASTM 648: 96°C (204°F)
- Flexural Strength (Method 1, 0.05”/min): 78 MPa (11,000 psi)
- Flexural Modulus (Method 1, 0.05”/min): 2300 MPa (330,000 psi)
- Tensile Strength at yield (Type 1, 0.125”, 0.2”/min): 49 MPa (7,100psi)
- Tensile Modulus (ISO 527): 2,100 MPa (310,000 psi)
- Strain at Yield - Elongation (%): >6%
- Notched Impact Strength (ASTM D256): 140 J/m (2.6 ft-lb/in)
- Spool Diameter: 21.8 cm (8.6 in)
- Spool Width: 4.2 cm (1.65 in)
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 kg (2.4 lb)
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference.
We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors’ website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free, or limited time sale offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitor’s website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- A price change due to a manufacturers price rule change is not included
- The website cannot be a discounter or auction website (i.e.; eBay, overstock, etc.)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Pay your way
Frequently asked questions
We try to ship the fastest way possible; however, it may take from 4 to 12 business days to receive your goods. For some items, it may take even longer due to their size and weight. For items in pre-order, we cannot give any ETA, and it may take as long as it takes for us to restock
We use all major carriers including UPS FEDEX DHL and USPS. it depends on the cost effectiveness in each area. As some of our items are vary heavy, we may consider shipping it with alternative methods (such as LTL freight).
We will send out an email to confirm that your order has been shipped, and we will provide a tracking number for you to know when your order is out for delivery. If you want to use your order number to track your order you could track your order here