Buying for Business or EDU?
Send your quotation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your sales-tax exemption and special promotions.
- Structurally optimized metal frame: full length of the body for offsetting flexing.
- 60°C circulating heated chamber.
- Dual performance extruder system: accelerating print times and providing higher dimensional accuracy across every part.
- Built-in smart sensors for material management and print protection >
- METHOD Carbon Fiber Edition allows you to use a wide variety of applications and supported files.
- Printer uses a multitude of materials and supports some of the most durable filaments on the market.
- METHOD Carbon Fiber Edition: withstand hours of operation
- Temperature control circulating heated chamber assists in the production of your creations, maintaining proper heat levels.
- Print a variety of materials including Stainless steel (with compatible LAB Extruder)
MAKERBOT METHOD Carbon Fiber Editions are designed to enable engineers to print stronger and more accurate parts for manufacturing tools, jigs and fixtures, and end-use production, and can be used to print metal replacement parts in some applications. The METHOD Carbon Fiber Editions print carbon fiber reinforced nylon that is optimized for high strength and heat resistance. This upgraded version of the MakerBot Method can print parts using nylon carbon fiber in addition to the standard Method materials. For anyone that needs to produce strong, accurate parts, carbon fiber can work very well indeed. Its strength and light-weight properties make it a useful alternative to metal for some applications, such as jigs and fixtures, manufacturing tools, and some end-use production components.
- A structurally optimized metal frame runs the full length of the body of the Method Carbon Fiber Edition. This ultra-rigid metal frame was designed with the sole purpose of offsetting flexing, less flexing results in more consistent prints, more accurate parts, and fewer failures overall.
- 60°C circulating heated chamber, Method Carbon Fiber Edition allows users to control the temperature and quality of every layer.
- The dual performance extruder system utilized by the Method Carbon Fiber Edition was built from the ground up with the goal of accelerating print times and providing higher dimensional accuracy across every part.
- Built-in smart sensors for material management and print protection automatically detect and alert the user when materials are running low and allow for active jam detection during the entire print duration.
- METHOD Carbon Fiber Edition allows you to use a wide variety of applications and supported files suitable for your projects including MAKERBOT (. makerbot), STL (. stl), SolidWorks (. sldprt, sldasm), InventorOBJ (. ipt, iam), IGES (. iges, igs), STEP AP203/214 (. step, stp), CATIA (. CATPart, CATProduct), Wave front Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (. prt), Solid Edge (. par, .asm), ProE/Creo (. prt, .asm), VRML (. wrl), and Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b).
- The METHOD Carbon Fiber Edition 3D printer uses a multitude of materials and supports some of the most durable filaments on the market. Use MakerBot precision materials like ABS, ASA, PLA, Tough, PVA, and SR-30. MakerBot also offers support for specialty materials such as NYLON and PETG.
- MakerBot designed the METHOD Carbon Fiber Edition to withstand hours of operation, putting their products through rigorous testing phases equivalent to 220,000 total testing hours. The aluminum die-cast base, extruded aluminum uprights, and steel weldment gantry frame are made for long-lasting operation and stability.
- The temperature control circulating heated chamber assists in the production of your creations, maintaining proper heat levels. The flexible steel build plate and reusable grip surface gives you a strong foundation for your creations during the printing process.
- The extruders have a 0.4mm nozzle diameter which prints at a maximum layer resolution of 400 microns. The 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75" build volume size is suitable for most engineering-grade parts.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- 1 MakerBot METHOD 3D Printer
- 1 Spring Steel Build Plate
- 1 Composite Extruder
- 1 Performance Extruder 2 Support
- 1 Nozzle Brush
- 1 Hex Key
- 1 USB A-to-B Cable
- 1 US Power Cord
- 1 EU Power Cord
Please note: MakerBot materials sold separately.
MakerBot METHOD Carbon Fiber Edition PDF
Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
Range: 20 - 400 microns
Up to 2x faster than desktop 3D printers2
Max Material Flow Rate: ~50 mm3 per sec
Print Head Travel Speed: Up to 500 mm per sec
PRINT MODES TUNED AND OPTIMIZED FOR:
100 microns - High Quality Print Mode (Coming Soon)
200 microns - Balanced Print Mode
MAXIMUM BUILD VOLUME
19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion
15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
220,000+ total testing hours3
(system reliability, subsystem, and print quality)
43.7 L x 41.3 W x 64.9 H cm /
17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
SHIPPING BOX DIMENSIONS
76.5 H x 50.0 W x 55.5 D cm /
30.1 x 19.7 x 21.9 in
29.5 kg / 65 lbs
SHIPPING BOX WEIGHT
37.1 kg / 81.7 lbs
Aluminum Die Cast Base
Extruded Aluminum Uprights
Steel Weldment Gantry Frame
Circulating Heated Chamber
Flexible Steel Build Plate
Reusable Grip Surface
5" Full-Color Capacitive Touch Screen
640 x 480 pixels
21 SENSORS INCLUDING:
Encoder (Jam Detection)
Lid – OpeClosed
Door – OpeClosed
Temperature Sensors – Heated Chamber
EXTRUDER THERMAL CORE LENGTH
MAX EXTRUDER DRIVE TORQUE
Smart Spools with RFID sensors
MakerBot Precision Materials:
ABS, ASA, PLA, Tough, PVA, SR-30
MakerBot Specialty Materials:
NYLON, PETG, more to come
MAKERBOT PRECISION ABS
MAKERBOT PRECISION TOUGH
MAKERBOT PRECISION PLA
MAKERBOT SPECIALTY PETG
AMBIENT OPERATING TEMPERATURE
15 - 26º C / 59 - 78º F, 10 - 70% RH non-condensing
0 - 38º C / 32 - 100º F
Automatic Z Calibration, Automatic Nozzle Calibration, Automatic Material Loading
Safety & Compliance
Low Voltage Directive 60950-1, 62368
MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
SUPPORTED FILE TYPES
MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm),
InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs),
STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct),
Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt),
Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm),
VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
Windows (7, 10)
Mac OS X (10.9+)
USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
100 - 240 V
3.9A - 1.6A, 50 / 60 Hz
400 W max.
100 - 240 V
8.1A - 3.4A, 50 / 60 Hz
800 W max.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference.
We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors’ website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free, or limited time sale offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitor’s website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- A price change due to a manufacturers price rule change is not included
- The website cannot be a discounter or auction website (i.e.; eBay, overstock, etc.)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
All payment installments accepted
Select your preferred payment installment provider at checkout and enjoy flexible payment plans.
We accept all major CryptoSelect
Frequently asked questions
We try to ship the fastest way possible; however, it may take from 4 to 12 business days to receive your goods. For some items, it may take even longer due to their size and weight. For items in pre-order, we cannot give any ETA, and it may take as long as it takes for us to restock
We use all major carriers including UPS FEDEX DHL and USPS. it depends on the cost effectiveness in each area. As some of our items are vary heavy, we may consider shipping it with alternative methods (such as LTL freight).
We will send out an email to confirm that your order has been shipped, and we will provide a tracking number for you to know when your order is out for delivery. If you want to use your order number to track your order you could track your order here
If we still haven't answered your question, you can contact us below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.